Monday, January 22, 2007

Moved

Today Frans, Kyaw Kyaw, Sandra and me moved to new diggs. We've found a small room, even smaller bathroom and tiny balcony for 2.500 bath a month. That is around 50 euro. We'll need to pay a little extra for electricity, water and the like but it'll be ok for a while. KK has started with his english books. Sandra found a coursebook + cd's in a bookshop here to learn burmese. We'll see how that goes. Frans & me aren't doing much. We play pool sometimes. And many an afternoon we play scrabble. We've got this really nice travel scrabble set that we're by now quite addicted to. Sometimes Kyaw Kyaw & Sandra play it too. And it is good practise for Kyaw Kyaw. Although we're all sometimes amased at the words he knows. Hoe, foe, quid are a few i can remember of the top of my head. The dictionaries are suddenly used a lot. For the rest it is Frans & me talking about what we can do next. And there are talks of going to Malaysia & Singapore and fly from there to Burma. We (Frans & me that is) can't wait.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new apartment sounds great! It's been a while since you've had a "stay-put" home, hasn't it? I sure hope it'll work out to meet up in Malaysia/Singapore. I'd love to meet Frans! (And see all the rest of you, too...maybe even join in a game of scrabble or two?)